13262538

My Mum has been suffering from Dementia

Hi my name is Kevin,
My Mum has been suffering from Dementia for some years now and after a 6 week care home trial period has been accepted into a care home with her social worker and my families approval. I have two Sister's and one Brother all in agreement as to my Mum's future care plan.
I have been dealing with my Mum's day to day finances by being a joint account holder of her bank account. I am now trying to obtain the ability to handle all my Mum's financial affairs, Santander ISA, R.B.S. & Santander Shares, Legal & General Income Bonds etc.
My Mum would never sign any Power of Attorney in the past as she was paranoid that as soon as she signed any paperwork she would be locked up in a home.
Can you please tell me how I go about obtaining P.O.A. when my Mum does not have the mental capacity to sign, all the information I am reading talk about what to do before you lose the mental capacity to act ?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you are correct - there is no longer the option of dealing with this using a Power of Attorney.
Instead you are going to have to complete the forms to be appointed as her Deputy by the Court Of Protection
More details here
https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/overview
I hope this is of assistance - please ask if you need more help