12826847

I've had a brand new washing machine installed in the last

Customer Question

I've had a brand new washing machine installed in the last month, as part of a kitchen refit. Usually it doesn't work properly - won't complete programs. Occasionally it works perfectly. The kitchen fitters called the washing machine firm. An engineer duly turned up.
I explained the things which had\had not happened and was told that these problems were occurring because the loads were unbalanced. I was told that what I should do was stop the program, remove the wet load, reload and reset the program! I was led to believe from this that the fault is mine. Indeed, the engineer told me that there was nothing wrong with the machine and because of this, his report should say this, in which case I should receive a bill from the washing machine firm for £180. However, he kindly told me that he would so word his report that I would not receive a bill (I can't remember what he said he would say).
I have duly used the machine again. A fifty minute program took me about two hours to complete, with sodden washing removed, dripping and replaced, program restarted, stopped again, unloaded, reloaded in two goes (it wasn't over the prescribed weight limit). Eventually I completed the wash, finishing with an additional sixteen minute 'rinse\spin' program. The last wash worked perfectly.
I realise that technology has moved on since I bought my previous washing machine. However, I don't believe that I now need a degree or even in-service training on how to load a machine. I believe that the machine is faulty.
I feel angry with myself for not being assertive. So far I've not lost my temper with engineer or kitchen fitters. I've now got to wind myself up to 'phone the kitchen firm again. I find this sort of thing so stressful. Please can you tell me whether I am just not able to use a 21st century washing machine or whether I should be asking for a New machine (not a 'revamped' one)? What questions should I be asking? Thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. I think I'm wasting your time. I'll go back to the Consumer's Rights website and start again. Aargh!

Not its ok, I just need to know what you want to achieve?