12826847

My ex partner is taking my daughter out of play group early

Customer Question

my ex partner is taking my daughter out of play group early so he has an extra 30 minutes with her because it is more convenient for him to pick her up on the way home. However he often does not pick her up early at the weekend because he goes out the night before andis hung over What Are my rights with not allowing him to take her out of playgroup?
How old is the child and is he named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She is almost three years old and yes he is named on the birth certificate.

What is your principle objection to this?
What times is he actually meant to have her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He is supposed to have her on a saturday afternoon and all day Sunday but he often goes out sat night or takes overtime at work and so he then does not have her due to a hangover or his choice to take the work. He works shifts and so some weeks he wants to see her before work. Which is not a problem except she goes to play group to interact with children of her age and join in craft activities but he picks her up 30mins after she has arrived because it is more convenient for him rather than go home for 30mins so she can have a full hour at playgroup. His house is less that 2 minutes from he playgroup. I try to set dates on a weekend but he doesn't always stick to them and so changes times in the week. He is threatening to go to court for custody however because he says I am stopping him from seeing her. However it is far from it. I want him to see her and take responsibility when he is supposed to have her.

How often does he change times?
How often does he pick her up early in the average month?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Twice a month picks up early. Almost every weekend he has either overtime or he is going out and so when he works late shift wants to see her in the day when it is convenient for him . I.e. after he has been to the gym.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He will ask not to have calisi early at the weekend as he will either have work. A hangover or go to the gym.

I appreciate that he does not collect her early at the weekends - but how often does he change the time