75100385

I started an agreement to purchase a new car from a authorized

I started an agreement to purchase a new car from a authorized Dealer with a Personal contract plan on 22 May 2015. I signed the credit purchase agreement on 26th May, although will not collect the car from the dealer and won't pay the final deposit amount until 3rd June.
I now have serious doubts about whether I can afford the arrangement and also wish I hadn't been talked into buying the car as it is expensive andI'm not sure I can afford it. Can I still cancel under a cooling off period?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you sign on premises please or at home/distance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I signed an brief order on the premises but not given a copy. I didn't sign the full credit/purchase agreement until several days later, when they were e-mailed to me to sign and return, which I did by post.
So the order was placed at premises? But the credit agreement was signed off premises?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the credit agreement was signed at home and posted back to the Car Suppliers finance Department
Thank you. In that case it is bad news. The contract is legally binding, only the credit can be cancelled but sadly this would still mean you have to pay for the vehicle.
The normal 14 days cooling off period does not apply to the actual order as that was signed on premises so unless that order says you can cancel then technically you can not.
Of course you should check the contract to see if it allows you to cancel outside the Regulations, it may do. In any event you should talk to the dealer. It may be that you can cancel the contract and just lose the deposit.
But under the Cooling of Regulations sadly you cant. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. That's very clear. Will discuss with agent as the sale contract may have a way out.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.