75100385

I received notification from sheffield council approx 2weeks

i received notification from sheffield council approx 2weeks ago that on the 2 of october 2014 i was caugt on camera in bus lane the photographic evidence was not my van and an d not my registration number. i wrote back stating that this vehicle did not belong to me so therefore there must b a mistake . they have now replied asking for pictures of my vehicle front back and side before they can consider my case .surely they know this is not my vehicle by checking d v l a .and why should i comply with their request .allso after 8 months it seems a long time before notification what should i do .richard
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I assume you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct

Thank you. The Council have a limited time to send the Charge to the registered owner, if this is not done it is out of time.
Although you dont have to comply with the request as it would be for them to show it was your vehicle and registration number, you dont want to have to go through an Adjudicator etc.
I would therefore write back, saying they are out of time and enclose photos - just to get the matter resolved. After all you dont want bailiffs turning up at your door.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.