75100385

My Landlord recently gave me written permission to erect a

My Landlord recently gave me written permission to erect a shed at the front of our house.
I spent a lot of time and money making this shed blend in with its surroundings. Although it's close to a boundary, I did the research and kept the shed a legal size so as not upset the neighbours or council.
I have now just about finished and she has been back in touch to tell me that its too big and she wants me to take it down immediately. It cost me a lot of time and money nearly £1000.00 with the labour and I'm reluctant to remove it but I don't want to get a bad name with the letting agency.
Does the land lord have the right to make me remove it even if it complies with local planning laws?
She says that when she built the house her building permissions were granted as long as she retained a turning circle at the top of the drive. I don't understand this... you can't turn a car at the top of the drive and why would she give me permission to build one in the first place if this was the case? I live in Bacton Norfolk and want to remain here, but I feel we may be forced out if the landlord has her way....please any advice would be most helpful.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know what type of tenancy you have and how was the permission communicated to you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex

We have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.

We received permission via post through the letting agents.

Thank you. Are you in your fixed period? Is it against your rental agreement to have a shed etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We Had a 6 month initial tenancy and now it is a periodic tenancy running from month to month.

There is no reference to sheds in the tenancy.

Thank you. I assume the permission was not conditional upon anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have it in writing.

Its a mixture of news then sadly. Whilst you had permission and it was not conditional upon anything you could insist that the shed stays. However the bad news is that your Landlord could give you a Section 21 notice giving you 2 months to leave.
Sadly you cant stop the Landlord doing that as you are on a periodic tenancy. There is no law at present (although the Conservatives have said they intend to draft legislation) stopping the Landlord giving you notice if you do not comply.
Therefore its a matter for you - you can refuse and the landlord could give you notice, or you could take it down and keep the property.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Although its not the news I wanted. I now know where I stand.

I am sorry.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.