UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Im a freelance business consultant, can I create a dormant

Im a freelance business consultant from the UK, can I create a dormant uk company and use its name and legal umbrella to sign a service contract for a client in Dubai, UAE. The client is in Dubai and I will perform the consultancy work in Dubai, under my UK company which is dormant, is that possible? I need it to have a legal contract and also to show that I am coming from a company that is incorporated in the UK.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you may form a UK company but as you will be providing services under it in Dubai, it will not be deemed to be dormant but trading as it is likely to have significant accounting transactions whilst you are providing services to the Dubai client, see here for further information:
https://www.1stformations.co.uk/blog/what-is-a-dormant-limited-company/
Hope this helps