Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My husband died intestate in March. Previous to that his aunt

Customer Question

My husband died intestate in March. Previous to that his aunt died, again intestate, in August 2014. We had been separated since 2012. We still had joint bank acounts. Can I inherit the money due from his aunt as and when the probate is finalized as he officially inherited before he died? Thank you mrs k m clark
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Whatever your late husband was due to inherit from his Aunt's Estate will now form part of his Estate (as he was alive at the date his Aunt died).

Therefore, depending on the value of your late Husband's Estate, you will also inherit the sahre he was due to receive from his Aunt's Estate.

I hope this clarifies the position to you.

If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. That is what I thought. I will keep your reply saved as informal verification should I need it.

Many thanks Katrina.

Best Wishes

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ForCustomer..Hi Al. Thanks for the offer. I am , at the mo, unable
to afford to employ any help to resolve my late husband's estate. The Dept of Work and Pensions are now requiring a return of all benefits paid to my late spouse between sept 2013 and October 2014 as he had claimed fraudulently for all that year. Alas the solicitors dealing with the aunt's estate have not even taken the first steps of advertising in the London gazette and local papers...... According to the probate lists, no probate has yet been applied for.. I have looked up on Zoopla and her house was sold in Feb at auction. .... The cousin tell me to " let them whistle for it".. Easy to say when it's not your ear getting whistled in..... Ah well.. Am finished with work now from this week so hopefully I'll have the time and energy to stand my ground...... K

If there has been an overpayment made to your late husband, then I'm afraid that if there is enough money in his Estate, these amounts will need to be repaid.

Good luck.

Al