We have bought and have had installed by a professional some

We have bought and have had installed by a professional some floor tiles, we explicitly asked for tiles that were easy clean, maintain, non-marking and suitable for high traffic area, the tiles we bought were recommended for this purpose by the store and our purchase was made entirely on this basis. The tiles failed to perform in this way immediately after fitting, they would not come clean despite being fitted as per the tiling suppliers recommended method of install and using their recommended products which were also bought from their store. The store manager and assistant manager have been out to see the tiles and have attempted to clean random areas with a variety of products and have failed miserably. They also recommended we used WD40 which is incredible given the risks to health if used in a confined space and to this degree. After months of stress and concern and the local store giving us the impression that they cared and were eager to find a remedy they passed us on to their customer services division claiming that the problem has been caused by our installer. They told us that they have sold thousands of these tiles without any problems but we have found 6 reviews of the very same tile on the suppliers website from other customers stating the same problem. We have asked them to put their position on our complaint in writing, 3 times we have been waiting almost 3 weeks for them to do this. It feels like they're hoping we just go away but we've spent £4500 on the tiles and fitting including under-floor heating and its going to cost the same again to rip it all up and start again. The company is the UKs biggest supplier of tiles. are we protected by the law in any way in this regard.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the cost to put right please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we've had a quote for £4250 to rip up and make good for install of new tile which would cost around another £4000 subject to finding an alternative tile.

One option, which is our preferred option is to install a Karndean flloor over the top which would involve a self levelling screed and would mean that the under-floor heating would still work, this option would cost in total no more than £3750.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So £3750 is the less cost.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. I would claim the £3750 as this is mitigating your loss.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.