13262538

I have been asked to make a part 18 application, stating the

Customer Question

I have been asked to make a part 18 application, stating the reasons why I had submitted late, out of time, my answers to the allegations of unreasonable behaviour on my part my husband made in his divorce petition. At the 1st hearing, he raised this issue before the judge. My answers were sent in before any direction was given, but late. I medical emergences regarding my son and in and out of the hospital. This also affected my ability to cope with work committment as i struggled to combine the conflicting demands. Physically i am not strong due to disability and gets very tired. I worked round the clock to maintain normallity to around my son despite what was going on. I lost track of when the papapers were due in. Emotionally I have to relive alot of things I have tried to put behind me and it was tough. Nothing can be tougher anymore. It is a contested divorce. My husband has always been an opportunist and has alwyas boast that when he finished with me i will not be able to cope. He has continuously weigh me down with accusations and psychological mind games. I must admitt he is right that I'd not coped from time to time.
But I have faith and that has helped me, just and at times I fail to cope. This is one such situation.
How do I go about this? Is there a template that could be used?
Please respond quickly.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What allegations has your ex actually made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been a little poorly with eye problem hence delay in coming back you

His allegations are woolly

1) he said that I tried to put his career at risk because I posted a personal mail to his work address. I have never sent him a personal mail. My son asked me to return a present his dad posted to him as he did not wish to have it. He reacted strongly that I should do this as it upsets him and he just wanted to forget, he said he never given him present and he used to cry his eyes out. So I returned the present to the address he posted it from, his work place. I did not know his address, and obviously did not want it known, I included a nice note pleading that he should not look at it negatively as our son was only trying to cope and should be given that chance. i could not understand how that could have put his career at risk. He knows i helped to bu I felt he was just upset that my son returned his present.

2) He said that he left the family in 2009. But his date did not make sense and he left on 11 july 2011. i believe he was trying to make out he left 5 years ago!

3) He said that he left because I work him up at 3 am and I was aggressive and he decided to leave and never came back.

Truth was he had insulted me and my son over 3days and he would go to sleep after. The night he left, the 3rd night I stood up to

him for the first time and told him he'd have to explain himself why he treated us so badly and warned him if he did anything I'd call he police. He knew I was capable of calling the police as i had done so some 3 weeks before. He got up and packed his bag and left. i reminded him ashe walked down the stairs that i told him he would walk by himself as he kept coming back against my wish. That was how he left. he had asked me to promise him I would never call the police again and kept changing the lock back as i changed it.

4) He said that i turned his son against him. he did this by himself due to abuse our son suffered from him behind my back and my son told Cafcass. He was not pleased that his son told cafcass.

These were his allegations.

please reply quickly. Thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why do you wish to defend the divorce at all - I assume that you wish to end the marriage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Getting the divorce on correct basis is a safegard in my case, otherwise I would not bother. I have answered his allegations and cross-prayed. This is the only way I can expose him and his cruelty leading to the breakdown of our marriage. I know it will stop him. He has broken every court order. I need peace after the divorce and a chance to raise my son with ambience of peace.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The process is described here
The form you need is here
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/0835/D11.pdf
You are asking for permission to file an answer and cross petition out of time and will need to give the explanation for the delay
Please ask if you need further details