12826847

I believe that during the investigation of a harassment case

Customer Question

I believe that during the investigation of a harassment case ( on going for two years and involving over 17 victims of which I am one and made the first report) that the the investigating officers have implied to other victims that I or a member of my family namely my son are the perpetrator. This has resulted in further harassment towards myself from particularly one victim who is convinced I am the perpetrator.
This has resulted in a bad reputation and the loss of some well respected life long friends. I am meeting with the Chief Inspector and the Sergeant dealing with my case today and wish to know how much they are allowed to disclose to me. I believe they will be coming to tell me they are closing the case again due to lack of evidence. How can I a) know how much they can tell me about what has been investigated. b) deal with the fact that they are responsible if only in part for causing further harm to myself and family?
Sorry but I'm not sire what the connection between what they may have said and the closure of the investigation is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is no connection. They are coming to see me as my MP wrote to them asking to look at the case again as harassment was ongoing. While they are here I would like to tackle/discuss the "what they might have said" issue. Other victims have as much told me that that they were told I was the perpetrator. Thank you

If the essence of this is that the OIC has made some unhelpful private comments to others then you don't have a right to demand that information Im afraid.
You do have a right to demand information about why any allegation you made or supported was not pursued but there seems to be no correlation between the two events here.
If it just that he has said some things privately which have no basis then that is not something you could demand in this way. I suppose you could seek an injunction forcing him to disclose any written documentation to that effect but that will cost in excess of £2k and the court will not order it because they will say it is protected information in the course of a criminal investigation.
I'm very sorry vbut I can only give you truthful information.