LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Our tenents are causing problems the neighbours, due

Customer Question

Our tenents are causing problems for all the neighbours, due to late barbcues(up till 1am) loud music/talking/swearing , which means neighbours cannot use the gardens in peace: so bad one of the neighbours started looking to move.One has been keeping a diary of incidents. Police have been round several times: cause unknown.
Tenebt denies late parties/noise.
How do we get enough evidence to legally be able to terminate tenancy? (rent is being paid)
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Can you just tell me when did the tenancy commence and what sort of tenancy is it? There are different rules for different types of tenancies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tenancy commenced over a year ago. It is an assured shorthold tenancy.

By far the most easy way to deal with this is to bring possession proceedings based on the tenancy having expired. This is easy and quick and you have a right to possession. If you are an experienced landlord I expect you know how to do this. If not, your agents if you have any will. If you need an explanation of the procedure let ne know and I will be happy to provide it.
Any attempt to get an order preventing bad behaviour will be expensive, slow and probably ineffective.