12826847

We have had a solar thermal panel on our roof since 2012,

Customer Question

We have had a solar thermal panel on our roof since 2012, and last year, the panel leaked coolant (glycol) down the wall of the house.
I reported the problem to the company, who fitted the panel, and they were very slow to respond to the problem and after 6 weeks an engineer came to see the problem. A further 3 weeks passed by before an engineer came to fix the problem.
The problem was fixed on the day arranged.
This year, a GAS FIT engineer, came to maintain our central heating, a gas cooker and a gas fire - and while performing a mainenance on these items, he noticed that the SOlar Panel was leaking again. He said that coolant was leaking down the wall (again) - and this was caused be the absence of a Pressure relief valve in the system, and the pressure guage was broken.
I have tried twice to contact the company, but they are behaving in the same way as last year, and keep referring me to a manager in the company who oversees problems like this (but is never available!). My GAS FIT man knows of a local SOlar Panel engineer - could I transfer to him, but could I ask my original company to contribute to the repair given that they should have installed the PRV?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know how much it is to repair please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't asked. It's not easy to 'get into the installation, and the company who installed it will be the only ones who can judge the cost - and I don't trust them to do the job, or estimate the cost.

Your 'service' - it's not easy to see what you are offering - I'll make some enquires through my usual 'gas fitter'. It's not your fault - but I don't know what you will charge - better to back out now before I get stuck with with additional charges.

Paul

What is if you want to achieve from your installation?
Bear with me and we can work through this and I can tell you what the legal position is.