29905560

I am 64 years old, I have worked company last

I am 64 years old, I have worked for a company for the last 24 years come October. Last August I chose to reduce my working week to 3 days (pro rata) Now there are Voluntary redundancies, if I volunteer to go will I have 24 years of full redundancy payment or 23 years and 1 year at three fifths or 24 years at three fifths?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Was the reduction in hours a permanent one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, it was a 1 year contract

Hello, sorry I was offline when you replied. If you were to be made redundant now whilst you are working on the reduced hours then technically you would be made redundant from your current job and when your redundancy payment is calculated it would take into account your current pay. You cannot stagger payments, such as calculate several years at full pay then a year at part time pay. The way redundancy pay is calculated depends on your length of service, your age and your pay at the time of redundancy. It would not matter what you had previously been paid. So in your case when you calculate your redundancy you would be looking at the following for your calculation:
• You current age
• Your length of service (up to a maximum of 20 years)
• Your current pay (if that is based on part time hours then that is what you would be using for the calculation for the full 20 years, regardless of what you have
You can use this calculator to see what redundancy payment you would be entitled to based on the above factors:
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you