75100385

I recently had to cancel my car insurance policy under no

I recently had to cancel my car insurance policy under no fault of my own. The insurance company i was with for the past three years could not resolve an issue regarding instalments agreement which is done onlineafter i access my customer portal. I could not access my customer portal for the fact i forgot my login details. However after many emails i sent them addressing the problem they did not resolve the problem and had no way of accessing my customer portal to agree to instalments or for anything else, so i had no option but to cancel after three weeks of renewal because i was not sure if i was insured. Now they are asking for cancellation fees, set up fees and time at risk fees which i feel i am not liable for. Can you please give me any advice on this matter
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether you asked them to renew for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex.

The answer to your question is yes

Ok. You were aware of their terms and cancellation policy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i was

It's and news then I am afraid, If you were aware of their terms and renewed then sadly I don't think you can avoid the fees. You can refuse to pay and then make an official complaint on the grounds of their repayment plan and online system to see what they say.
If they do not uphold it then you can complain to the financial ombudsman. They offer a free and independent service and can investigate your complaint for free at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.