13262538

How long does a will take to complete. All monies were in bank

How long does a will take to complete. All monies were in bank accounts, no property to sell and no debts owed. Two beneficiaries each with named bank accounts to be inherited as stated in the will
Do you know whether or not probate has actually been obtained?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The last time I spoke to the solicitor was a month ago. She said that she was still waiting for the Nat West bank to reply and then would go to probate. I have rang Nat West today and they told me they had sent the information in January. I'm unhappy with the lack of communication from my solicitor, she does not ring me back and there has been no correspondence. I was told last month I would receive a letter with an update but have heard nothing to date. It is now 6 months since I took the bank details and death certificate into her office. Is this normal waiting time?

Probate can and often does take a long time because of the many different financial institutions involved and a year or more is not unusual.
However from what you have said this is a straightforward matter and there is no obvious reason for the delay.
You should have been sent a letter setting out the terms of engagement which should include details of how to complain.
As a starting point write and ask for an update confirming work done to date and what remains to be done and asking for a reply within 14 days.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response then you will need to use the Complaints process - and eventually may need to involve the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
You can read more about the probate process here
http://www.bereavementadvice.org/probate-and-other-legal-procedures/understanding-the-probate-process.php
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has not gone to probate as yet. Solicitor has told me all the information is not with her although the bank assures me they sent their information 5 months ago. Will it take months after probable has been asked for?
Ask the solicitor to specify what information is outstanding and what she has done about the delay
Once Probate has been granted there will be a delay while the "statutory adverts" are placed to protect the estate form any future claims - so payment may take another two to three months
Please ask if you need further details