75100385

Timro c/o North Central Property management NW37FJ.

Customer Question

Timro c/o North Central Property management NW37FJ. Do not have web page,so we can complain,and we have many,letters I've sent requesting landlord full name address phone numbers, all ignored,ask for receipt for WEEKLY rent and rent book,all ignored,instead they send us demands for rents,already paid!!?? With an oops type error(to 2 addresses ran by this agent) I have copies of all letters sent and received,they also do not belong to any redress schemes,which I understood to be mandatory? We (my neighbour,who is also with these idiots) are at our wits end,S they also have only a P.O.BOX number for correspondence. No surname for landlord either, could you please advice,as they aren't signed up with any redress scheme, nobody seems to be able to help us. These 2flats have been sold on twice! With no offers of First refusal! As we are sitting tenants we had the legal rights. Due to stress caused,plus a breakdown,they all took advantage of shock, said New landlord is fully aware of how we feel,as he introduced himself as David, and everything would stay the same as it always had been.oh on the contrary. Please help or guide us to someone who can, this has been an on going nightmare since Dec 1st 2014 many thanks , Mrs. Anita XXXXXX

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is wrong with the property? I assume you are renting? Why won't the landlord do anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing wrong with property other than wear and tear as were built in early 1900's though nobody has done a maintenance check, the problem is as I've already said, agency is not registered with any redress scheme, we have requested landlord full name address plus phone numbers,so we can complain to him about ineptitude of agency,we have requested rent books as we pay weekly, receipts for rents paid to be forwarded to us, all met with negative results, this is a private landlord,with no address! Other than agency address, they have given us another address Timro Investments Ltd Aston House Cornwall Ave London, but no postcode or any way to contact him as all the details he personally gave us was his first name 'David' and HIS firm bought the 2flats 42 +*****London NW9 6AL as investment and wasn't interested in raising rent causing stress,( to which I actually have a witness) and that we were to carry on as we always had done. Less than 2weeks later rent is increased, as I have been told a verbal agreement was as binding as a written contract,especially as I have a witness. Now to address the RFR. The flats were sold,twice,nobody gave us information of our rights, nobody gave us any paperwork to say we had RFR I know this is a lot to take in, I have been ill with pneumonia since Jan this year,so I haven't been at my best to tackle all this sooner,But I did write via.text to landlord within legal requirements to put things right, they have a legal obligation to adhere to the law,if you can help,great,if you can't,then all is lost. Sincerely ***** *****

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What address is on your tenancy agreement? What type of tenancy do you have? Is the deposit protected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We don't have agreement of any kind, we have lived at present address since 1976, no deposit involved. We come under life tenancy, address is as I've already told you (mine)*****LONDON NW9 6AL agency address : North Central Property Management P.O.Box 33118 LONDON NW3 7FJ My concerns are, firstly,they are not registered with redress scheme, a law that is mandatory as of 2014 I can get only replies that are not related to questions or any other requests I ask of them!

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Just one more question, what is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want them reported for not being registered to redress scheme, so that I can actually get some legal advice that is helpful! So far I've told you everything,you've told me Nothing???

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The issue is this. Your deposit is not required to be protected as you have a life tenancy. There is no legal requirement for them to be registered to a redress scheme. You can sue for breach of contract, but from what you have said, there is nothing wrong with the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I never mentioned deposit,there isn't one, you have been so unhelpful I can't believe it, why is it then mandatory for all letting agents to be registered, if it's actually not??!!! As I'm not an idiot I checked with ombudsmen and gov site, are they all lying?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I understand now. It was not clear from your original question. You are saying they are not registered as they are required to under the Estate Agents Act 1979.
It was the Office of Fair Trading that would regulate and consider prosecutions against estate agents. This has now been split to:
http://www.fca.org.uk/
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority
They are able to bring a prosecution if there is any person or firm carrying out work as an Estate Agent when they are not registered to. You can also sue for compensation as well if they have been treating you badly.
You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I see you have rated poor service although I have outlined the law and indicated how to bring a claim yourself.
What else is it you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thought I had made it clear,we have tried the legal way,i.e. look up their complaints page,THERE ISNT ONE ACCESSIBLE TO US,,Requested landlord full name + address, they just send back agency address,(he must sleep on the desks!) Requested rent book (as we pay weekly) instead we get a bill for (£800-00 rent) which wasn't owed??. Told it was a type error???( what a whole page?!!) Other address to landlord was another business, you needed to be a partner to log on,?? They continue to send landlord s address as the same as agency one!! They say stick to your agreement (rent act 1977) We do not have agreement, we have a FORM!!! Which has rent details, who to pay,( I might add at this point,is a P.O.BOX)?? Every gov forum I try to go on, wants landlord address etc, well I can't give what I don't have,, agency is useless,and refuse to give his details, plus I cannot find agency on any sites that could have been useful,,If they were registered, I DON'T know who or what site to go on to find out. As the Redress Scheme 2014Act, would help, but they aren't on there either??? So my question is WHO OR WHERE DO I FIND OUT WITH WHOME THEY ARE REGISTERED??? PLEASE thank you, ***** ***** like pulling my hair out,so frustrating!

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should contact HMRC who hold the register.
Their address is:
Alexander House *****
Southend on Sea
SS99 1AG
Please see:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/april-2014-supervision-of-estate-agency-businesses-by-hmrc/april-2014-supervision-of-estate-agency-businesses-by-hmrc
Does that clarify?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Checked on website you provided, none of their businesses are registered, thank you, ***** ***** probably keep in touch. Let's see what happens next! Very dodgy if you ask me!!

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes keep me informed. Good luck.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When the agency in question, will not give us any details on our landlords, proper full name, home address, and 2 contact telephone numbers, as I explained, we cannot access agencies web page for complaints procedure, so who do we complain to??? As the agency itself is beyond incompetence. I have an oral agreement, with witness, all promises, never happened, still requesting from them, rent book (as we pay weekly) it is required by law, and address etc, all required by law, all ignored, tell me would you also feel like banging your head against a wall?? When answers like,( your deposit is safe?!!!! Never asked, as we are life sitting tenants, no agreement EVER signed, and why hasn't your landlord fixed the property????? These answers are so out of the blue, I'm shocked! As I never mentioned property?) All I wanted to know was the 2014 redress scheme which was a law passed in Aug last year, was. What to do when they aren't with any at all! He came back with oh you mean the 1975 scheme??????? Which is a law on money laundering, out of curiosity, I did check, guess what, they aren't registered there either!!! This is one of the strangest landlord/agency I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Or in my case NOT!! If you feel you have any proper advice, it would be very welcome.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can the court for an order that the agency discloses the details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How? Which court? As you are the lawyer not me, could you give a bit more info, other than'you can court for an order that the agency discloses the details' please, Anita

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
County court, your local one.
Make an application in form n244 and there is a court fee of £155
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have since discovered Timro c/o NCPM are a dissolved!!! Company, so how can they be cashing our rent cheques? How can they be trading? I have since finding out, reported them to Ombudsmen, as also not registered with anybody,which is a requirement of the law. Awaiting reply from ombudsmen on this very serious matter.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They can't be, you need to report this to Companies House.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's where I found out that Timro c/o North Central Property Management(dissolved) Timro Ltd (dissolved) though it's a slightly different title,did a company and land registry check, both the freehold and the flats are registered to Benjamin Marc Elliot Sokel. I double checked,so why and that's what ombudsmen will find out, are we paying a none existent firm and agency, we had huge doubts from the beginning when no names were forthcoming,I did tell you,more than once,we requested all of these details, we were ignored!!! So my poking around since January,even though I've been ill, has at last turned up quite a few surprises, the ombudsmen will take this all up on our behalf, yes I DO know it's illegal. That's what I've been trying to tell you! They have to provide RENT BOOK WHEN PAID WEEKLY(still waiting) THEY HAVE TO PROVIDE LANDLORD FULL NAME ADDRESS AND 2 PHONE NUMBERS,ONE MUST BE A LANDLINE (still waiting) patiently I might add, though it's wearing very thin! I will now wait for ombudsmen to reply,as there is quite a lot to go through,starting with the property disposal.Which also wasn't followed to the letter of the law, and on it went,on and on. I just needed someone to help me prove it. Well now I can. They will of course be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, I will stand back and cheer, pat myself on the back, it's been hard work and very stressful. Anita