75100385

Last summer my daughter took up residence in a flat with 3

Customer Question

Last summer my daughter took up residence in a flat with 3 others through an agency in Brighton with me as guarantor for her only. By December they had made her life so miserable that we moved her out and i carried on paying the rent in accordance with the tenancy agreement. The tenants were advised not to move anyone in, but we recently found out they had from March. We don't know what the payment arrangements are but we do know that the moved in tenant has met the landlord on at least two occassions. I have paid the rental to the end of the agreement but I now want that back. What kind of case do i have. My daughter has evidence in SMS that the tenant moved in in March and has met the landlord.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. You do have a case because they can not claim loss TWICE! You cant pay the same money for the same thing a number of times.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex

I don't think I was clear enough. I have paid for the rental on the property she was living in.

She is paying the rental on a different property because she was effectively bullied out.

Although it is clear that the landlord knew a tenant had been moved in, we don't know if the landlord has received additional remuneration. it is likely that the new chap is just paying for bills. However, the existing tenants have deceived us for personal gain because at my insistence the agents advised them not to move anyone in because that would breach the tenancy agrement.

Actually, i think I would like to pay for a phone call. it would be quicker.

If I could invite you to accept the additional offer I can call you.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

I have paid for the call - can you see my numbers below?

Calling now.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.