12826847

Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 Section 27A

Customer Question

Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 Section 27A I am the defendant (respondent) and tenant in a case being heard in the Property Chamber 1st Tier Tribunal. I need to reply in the next couple of days to the Applicants Statement of Case For Interest Costs and Administration - The Tribunal had already come to a decision but the Applicant asked for the decision to be reviewed as they hadn't adhered to the Tribunal directions. The Landlord is very litigious. Throughout the claim, the Applicant has been referred to as Company X. On this Application, the Applicant is referred to as Company Y, with a different company number, so it is not a case of the Company X changed its name. Throughout its Decision the Tribunal has referred to Company X. I am aware that if there has been a change of Landlord, I need to be notified? Under Section 3 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, if the landlord’s interest is transferred, the buyer must notify the tenant in writing of the transfer. The notice must include the new landlord’s name and address, and there is a deadline of two months after the date of purchase in most cases. The notice must be given even if the previous landlord has already sent a similar notice to the tenant. It is a criminal offence for the buyer not to comply with this requirement and the legislation sets out a maximum penalty of £2,500. So, do I reply as the Tribunal Directions that I should respond to each item detailed in the Applicants statement, knowing the document is seriously flawed (The Tribunal has previously discounted the Applicant as they did not sign their document) or do I tell the Tribunal of the error and await their further Directions? Regards,

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fine to wait, thank you.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please keep it open.
Regards,
Keith