75100385

We have allowed a member of our golf club to put a gate into

Customer Question

we have allowed a member of our golf club to put a gate into a boundary wall from his property , so he can gain access to the golf course.
Is this dangerous?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Just so I am clear, why would it be dangerous please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm worried that the member might leave this property and by giving access to the course the next occupant has a right to the same access or can we take this access away at any point.

Lastly, is this no big deal?

Thank you. I see. You can certainly have an agreement drawn up that says this gives no rights of way at all and can be revoked at any time. In short you can provide a licence to have this gone which gains no rights.
Is it a big deal to have a gate through, not really. This is not a high security area that needs protection and security is at a premium. What you need to make sure is that the gate is going to be properly secured and locked when not in use.
But you can grant permission for use but that it does not establish a right. Indeed in law no rights are established until there has been 20 years use in any event.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's excellent thank youCool

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.