12826847

My mother died 2 years ago. My brother and I are joint executors.

Customer Question

My mother died 2 years ago. My brother and I are joint executors. I also have another brother and a sister. We were all left equal shares in our mother's will. In the year before my mother died, she was mentally and physically incapacitated and gave my brother and sister, joint power of attorney. Using this, they drew most of the money from her account for themselves, leaving only enough for funeral expenses. So my other brother and I got nothing. We can not afford a solicitor and are thinking of taking this to County Court ourselves. We need to know which type of court to approach. If successful we would only get about £4,000 each, but as it stands we get nothing. If it's simply a case of submitting the correct forms to court, we could do that.
Was it a Lasting Power of Appointment - and was it Registered?