12826847

I have been misleaded by my solicitor ,i was issued decree

Customer Question

i have been misleaded by my solicitor ,i was issued decree nisi on 7th april and my slocitor explained that he will put a claim in for financial matters and i have to go for mediation .
i attended the mediation and the other party did not attend .
now court has issued decree absolute without going into any financial matters while i have 2 children under 10 years and my husband is finacially sound and secure ,well estabished ,
as my solicitors never put a finacial claim in and kept me in dark.i trusted him that he has put a finance application and child maintenance appication.
i had written the court a letter 10 days before the decree absolute is issued with recorded delivery explaining that i will do self representation from now onwards and would like the court to write to me on my residential address for any correspondense.
Now my letter has been passed over to the judge one day after the absolute decree has been issued.
i had ten years of married life and 2 children
do i still have right to claim finances and court to look into the matter as why finacial matter was not resloved due to misleading of my side solicitors beinf friends with my husband.
May I ask who issued the Divorce Petition and what grounds were used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband put the grounds unreasonable behaviour

while i have never been unreasonable and the actual reason is he got married again islamically in a local mosque of london with a lady who came on visit visa from aboraod.

after getting married he applied for divorce as he wants to sponsor the new lady as a spouse on spouse visa through home office.

I have various photos of them celebrating on their honey moon in january 2015 when i was his wife and decree nisi was issued in april