LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

How do I know if I may have visited an illegal website ina

Customer Question

how do I know if I may have visited an illegal website inadvertently
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If you have been visiting websites (especially porn sites) and a message has come up telling you that you are visiting an illegal website the chances are that this is a scam, especially if it is inviting you to avoid trouble by paying.
It may be that I have misunderstood the situation and if so then plaese let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did visit a porn website but not asked to pay ..I got the idea that the message on screen was to website not to me

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pression.

Most porn is not illegal to view online, only extreme porn (violence & animals mostly) and child porn is illegal. It would only be a problem fro vie of you put an image up on the screen that was an illegal image. If you have not done so, even if there is illegal material on the site you visited if you have not viewed that material there is no crime.