75100385

I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. cAN YOU HELP?

i AM SEEKING ADVICE ON FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. cAN YOU HELP? oops - sorry about caps
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No they can not do this unless the rules of the allotment allow them to do it. Freedom of expression is a right against public bodies. From what you have said with the LGO I assume the committee is part of a public body. However it is a qualified right which means it can be limited by law.
However I am not aware of any law that exists in preventing you sending information to other members.
So no, they can not do this. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"they can not do this unless the rules of the allotment allow them to do it" What does that mean? They can't do it unless they can do it?

The committee is permitted to make rules "for the benefit of the association". My question is are they permitted to impose censorship and limit communication between members? Is this an infringement of freedom of expression?

"I assume the committee is part of a public body" - no. it leases land from the Council who impose their own rules and regulations.

The LGO said "My view is the Allotment Association exercises administrative functions for the Council. This is because the Council has entered an arrangement with the AA to carry out the function of managing the allotments. The fact the arrangement is through a tenancy agreement does not affect the operation of the statutory

provisions. So the Ombudsman can consider whether there was fault in the actions [the association] took.

No they can't impose sensorship.
What they are doing goes beyond their powers and duties,
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?