12826847

I am in the process of applying rights

Customer Question

I am in the process of applying for contact rights to court. In the courts first session they have ruled contact is to be for an hour every other week in a contact centre. My phone is not working at present, so E-mail replies are best. Can i ask is Jacob's Mother allowed to allow contact in another form? Say a third party hand over or for him to come overnight as he is used to doing?
Best,
Matthew
iWhy was it limited in this way?
Why do you think that your ex will agree to more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The normal contact rhythm is effectively 1/3rd of a year, Every other weekend, every week a weekday overnight and half the holidays with me. Morven has stopped it 7 times. Without just cause. Once because i couldn't pick up at the scheduled time as i'd locked myself out of my flat...

In January we had a disagrement about contact. A small argument. Morven informed me i could only see Jacob supervised in a contact centre. This was before I had decided to go to court. The police and Social Services are not involved. There are no safety issues.

I think she will agree principaly because she is used to a significant amount of time off with the amount of time i took Jake. She needs this and has been looking after Jake on her own for 5 and a bit months. Jacob is probably stating to her - as he does to me - he wants to come to my house again.

she has intimated she would allow it. i have mooted it in e-mails, she has asked for suggestions.

She is a good person, unfortunately she uses her power to withdraw contact as a weapon from time to time. As i gather, this is quite common. Jacob is mostly unaffected. He seems relaxed in himself, is doing well in school. I've applied to court to get the previous contact rhythm upheld by the court. For stability, for Jake.

For clarity - yo just want the alternate weekends and one night in the week back.
Could you collect hime from school?
would you like half of the school holidays?