12826847

My friends have a situation with Berkley homes that

Customer Question

Hello, My friends have a situation with Berkley homes that I would like to help to clear. They have moved into the newly-built house nearly 2 years ago. This house was supposed to come with a pergola style car port. It was not built by the time my friends got the keys for the house. There were other houses on the estate with pitched roof car ports so my friends asked Berkley not to built the pergola but give them drawings for the pitch roof structure, which has been done. At the same time they asked for a refund of the pergola. This is where the problem starts. Berkley only agree to refund cost of pergola but not the actual price of it. Their argument is that - the amount of refund was the saving they obtained from the original contractor for omitting the structure. Although we strongly disagree because if you buy an item for a particular price and then refund it, the full amount shall be reimbursed rather than its cost. My question is if Berkley Home have the right to return cost of pergola rather than the price I would pay for it now to build. They also refuse to build pergola now because they say they are involved in large scale building projects and do not assist with building small structures like this pergola. Could you please clarify and suggest

Best Regards

Elena

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nicola,

yes please, find the relevant professional, I would like to resolve the matter. And would like to understand that I have the reason to move forward with this case.

Elena

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nicola,

have you had any luck please? It has been 4 days since I posted the question. Looking forward to the answer

Elena

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how long will it take?

I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time. Please let me know if you would like a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
There was NO answer!