75100385

There, I have a consumer issue. Bought a sofa bed from

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a consumer issue. Bought a sofa bed from argos. Leg broke. They offered replacement but there was nothing suitable in their catalogue and the model I bought was discontinued. They offered replacement part and said they would cover repair cost. I opted for this. The leg broke again, I called they sent out more legs. I sent them repair invoices each time. In February, they wrote to me saying that this was the last time that they would pay for a repair. Repairs were £20 each time. After the final leg I had went after a friend of mine sat and fell down on her bottom and hurt herself. I said enough and called them to be told to get a report if the report stated a manufacturers fault and they would reemburse me in a store. I did this and the store refused and guided me to HO. I snt the report and I received a call then a letter stating that as "a good will gesture" they would pay me £54 for the report but that I had received the wrong info and a letter today saying that they will not do anymore, do I have a case? Sofa was origianlly bought in Jan 2014
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is there a warranty on the sofa please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

12 months

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

sorry I am confused by the requests here. I have paid £38. Am I going to receive feedback?

It's bad news I am afraid. The law says once you accept a repair you can't later claim a refund. Therefore you are only entitled to have a repair for the duration of the warranty. In this case it is 12 months and runs from January 2014 and not when the last repair was.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.