75100385

How far back can d.w.p to get money back loan supposedly

Customer Question

How far back can d.w.p to get money back for crisis loan supposedly taken out 23 or more years ago I am asking on behalf of my son sorry to have bothered you but I can't afford £56 he has sent all paperwork back saying he never lived at these address and was working in Guernsey then now they debt company they are using without telling him have deducted £65 out of his wages saying attachment of earnings but when he asked about court they said they don't have to get a court order or let him know about it
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
When did he last admit the loan or make any payment towards it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He did not admit the loan and sent the paperwork dates and times e was working in Guernsey he has never lived at any of they address they said loans were taken out or in those tows and he told them this and he has never taken out a loan from them at any time but somebody has paid back some of the loans he asked for to see signatures as he never signed anything but they did not reply every time he has rung I last few days they keep saying someone higher up will ring him back but they don't
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have set you my reply but have not had an answer yet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex why have I had no answers from you is this a con just to get my £38
Sorry for the delay, I have been in Court.
So when was the last repayment, if any?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has made no payments as he did not owe this mony
Then he does not need to worry. They have 6 years from the date of last payment or acknowledgment of the debt under the Limitation Act 1980. Beyond this time it is statue barred. That means they can't collect it. But if he makes payment or admits to it the 6 year clock starts again.
So its time barred as it stands.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does he do about they money they have taken out of his wages by this debt company they have employed
He should ask for it back.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.