75100385

I have a summons to Highbury Corner regarding an issue with

I have a summons to Highbury Corner regarding an issue with East Midlands Trains. I was guilty of getting on the wrong train but I wish to continue to appeal on the grounds of mitigating circumstances and reasonableness. I have 7 letters of correspondence to the Appeals Service and to Transport Focus but they insist that I must pay the fine and costs.
My question is will I be able to claim travel costs to Highbury and any solicitors costs, if I win my case?
Karen Wildin ( Leicester )
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Were you convicted in the magistrates court please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

I have been summoned, and need to reply as to how I will plead, I think. I am trying to work out what to do next and the costs involved. There are 12 sheets of writing in the envelope i received yesterday and I am trying to establish what I need to do next.

I feel strongly that I should not have to pay the fine and am willing to argue my case in a court if necessary. However I do need to know what the charges may amount to and also whether if I win the case, whether I can claim my expenses back. Thanks

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If you win then you can claim solicitor costs but you won't be able to claim travel. Just your legal fees.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am I right in understanding that you cannot answer specifically legal questions,

e.g. the charge is i 'entered a train for the purpose of travelling on the railway without a valid ticket entitling (me) to do so' . Since I did not enter the train, 'for the purpose' of travelling without a a valid ticket, - my train arrived 2 minutes later to the same platform and heading to the same destination- it was accidental. And there were no staff in the booths or on the platform with whom to check.

How should I plead in order that my case is thoroughly heard?

thanks

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So you didn't go on any train?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did go on a train yes. But it was the wrong train. It arrived at the platform at 1356 and mine was due to leave at 1400. I mistakenly got on it so as not to miss it! and there were no staff around with whom to check.

Does your service allow you to advise me as to how I should plead? or would you recommend that I go to a different solicitor?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you have a ticket for where you wanted to go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This service is proving to be of no value to me whatsoever. Closed questions. Total waste of money!

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps you could explain the situation clearly so that I understand and then I can help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have only just invited me to explain the situation clearly. Don't worry. I will get help elsewhere.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am more than happy to help Karen and help you resolve this. You got on the wrong train but did you have a ticket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I keep answering these closed questions it will take for ever to get to the point. Yes , of course i had a ticket. It is a complicated case where I have mitigating circumstances for being on the wrong train. I was seeking advice about how to respond to the Court summons. However your service has been of no use to me, given your style of questions and the length of time it takes. So please have the £38 pounds and I will find better help elsewhere.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.