13262538

My partner of more than 12 years has decided she doesn't

My partner of more than 12 years has decided she doesn't want to be together any more and want to split. She is demanding the house be sold. Can she force me to sell if I want to stay here. I can't afford to buy her out as I am self employed and bearly make a living ad it is. Over the years I admit she had paid far more of the mortgage than I have as she probably earns 4-5 times what I do. I have paid what I could afford and done all the work on the house and garden since we moved in.if I am forced to sell am I entitled to 50% even then I haven't matched her pound for pound over the years. Please advise me if you can as I'm so worried about everything at the moment. Many thanks.
Steve
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Are you married and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for replying to my message.

We are not married and no children. The house is worth around 155k last time it was valued about a year ago and 58k left on the mortgage.hope this helps .thanks

Steve

At the time that the property was purchased was any agreement made about how the equity would be divided in the event of a sale?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No agreement was made no

I am afraid that if your ex applies to the Court for an Order for sale then it will be granted, so it will be better if you can negotiate a time frame within which you will place the property on the Market so that you have as much control as is possible in the circumstances.
You are entitled to 50% of the sale proceeds
Please ask if you need further details