12826847

I am the secretary of a management committee of a block of

Customer Question

I am the secretary of a management committee of a block of leasehold owner-occupied flats. The company which owns the flats also owns garages which it rents out to residents. Recently it introduced garage tenancy agreements, one condition of which was that a resident renting a garage must park his/her car in there - in other words, not use the garage solely for storage. All but one of the residents have signed and adhered to the new agreement. What can the management committee do about this resident who refuses to vacate his garage, despite being given two months' notice to quit? Thank you for your help.
Extra info: The leases for the flats make no reference to the use or availability of a garage. Previously the garages were rented on an informal oral arrangement. The company decided to introduce tenancy agreements because of parking problems. There are 20 flats in total but only 18 parking paces - 7 bays and 11 garages. The resident who refuses to vacate the garage has never parked his car there and uses it solely for storage, which of course creates problems for other residents. The lease gives the lessee the right to park a vehicle on the property but does not guarantee a parking space.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel this question and acknowledge this.