How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69261
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If someone makes a claim in their witness statement and in

Customer Question

If someone makes a claim in their witness statement and in court that they attended hospital can an ordinary person ie. not a Solicitor or MP ask the hospital for proof that they actually did attend as they claim or does the Data protection act protect them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
No. It is not the DPA particularly but just medical confidentiality.
However, if whether or not they attended is a live issue in the case then you can get orders from the court of disclosure. It is generally a bad idea to do that. You run the risk that they will have attended and then your best point of lack of evidence is lost.
If this is a criminal case then it is for the Crown to put their house in order by securing this type of evidence. It is not for the defence to remind them of the need to do it. Also, I have heard from defendant's repeatedly that there cannot be a hospital record because their wasn't an injury. Usually their is. The false witness has usually attended hospital with some imaginary nonsense. It might not be a record consistent with the allegation and then that is a point in your favour but running around seeking orders of disclosure is a very risky course of action that is generally not a good idea.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a criminal record due to bent police and the Corrupt Persecution Service. What chance does Joe Public have in asking them to put their house in order!

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, defendants don't generally want them to put their house in order. If they do that then the case against you strengthens up.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69261
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Denying access to evidence and being able to supply falsified evidence themselves is a very strong position.

I fall under the category of those who expected our courts to adhere to truth, honesty and justice.

I was very mistaken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I said before but don't know if you are ignoring it or if it didn't go through.

Being able to deny access to evidence while fabricating their own is about as strong as it gets.

I used to believe in truth, honesty and justice now I see it is corrupt from the top down.

Do not bother responding any further.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for responding Nicola.

I would like a little more time to consider this I will get back to you later.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice