If someone makes a claim in their witness statement and in

Customer Question

If someone makes a claim in their witness statement and in court that they attended hospital can an ordinary person ie. not a Solicitor or MP ask the hospital for proof that they actually did attend as they claim or does the Data protection act protect them.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. It is not the DPA particularly but just medical confidentiality.
However, if whether or not they attended is a live issue in the case then you can get orders from the court of disclosure. It is generally a bad idea to do that. You run the risk that they will have attended and then your best point of lack of evidence is lost.
If this is a criminal case then it is for the Crown to put their house in order by securing this type of evidence. It is not for the defence to remind them of the need to do it. Also, I have heard from defendant's repeatedly that there cannot be a hospital record because their wasn't an injury. Usually their is. The false witness has usually attended hospital with some imaginary nonsense. It might not be a record consistent with the allegation and then that is a point in your favour but running around seeking orders of disclosure is a very risky course of action that is generally not a good idea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a criminal record due to bent police and the Corrupt Persecution Service. What chance does Joe Public have in asking them to put their house in order!

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, defendants don't generally want them to put their house in order. If they do that then the case against you strengthens up.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Denying access to evidence and being able to supply falsified evidence themselves is a very strong position.

I fall under the category of those who expected our courts to adhere to truth, honesty and justice.

I was very mistaken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I said before but don't know if you are ignoring it or if it didn't go through.

Being able to deny access to evidence while fabricating their own is about as strong as it gets.

I used to believe in truth, honesty and justice now I see it is corrupt from the top down.

Do not bother responding any further.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for responding Nicola.

I would like a little more time to consider this I will get back to you later.