75100385

I got a letter yesterday from Concentrix on behalf of

Hello. I got a letter yesterday from Concentrix on behalf of HM Revenue..asking to prove my employment, my hours. They are asking to send them wages slips for year from 2014 to 2015,P60, employment contract and bank statements for year from 2014 to 2015. I phoned them today saying that I can provide all except my bank statements because of my personal privacy. They said I have to explain (cover letter) why I do not want send them bank statements. Can you help me to put things right about not sending those statements?Which Acts I can rely on? Thanks.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the basis for the information please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello. In the letter they say : "We think that your payments might be wrong. We need information from you about your employment and hours worked."

You can just write and saying you are not prepared to disclose that information. However sadly by law they are entitled to approach your bank and get the information from them, but only HMRC can do this.
Therefore if you refuse the law allows them to contact your bank without your permission.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So HMRC can contact my bank straight away and get my statements?

They can yes, without your permission - I am sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can Concentrix do that?

No, only HMRC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But concentrix it says in the letter is working ON BEHALF of Hmrc..so does it mean concentrix can do it or not?its very confusing..

ONLY HMRC can get it direct from the bank, no one else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help.bye

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?