75100385

My mother's neighbour is refusing to repair the fence as he

Customer Question

My mother’s neighbour is refusing to repair the fence as he is objecting to the tree which has been in my mother’s house since we moved into the house 35 years ago. The neighbour subsequently moved 25 years ago. My mother has maintained the holly tree and even got it trimmed 2 years ago at his request and he stated at the time that he would replace the missing fence panels, about 5-6 panels have been missing for the last few years. Because of the missing fence panels the children’s football does come into her garden and she has told the neighbour that she doesn’t want his children trespassing into her property. The other issue is that his garden is very unkept and has attracted pests such as rats and foxes. We have complained to the council regarding his garden and his refusal to replace the fence but the council have stated that this is a civil dispute.
Another neighbour has tried to mediate and the next door neighbour has told the neighbour who is mediating that he will only replace the fence panels if my mother get rids of the tree. What is the best approach for us to take for our mother without financially committing ourselves to us having to replace the fencing.
To note my mother is a 78 year old widower living on her own and only last year she suffered a heart attack, so there is a security aspect here as well.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Whose side is the tree on please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mums Garden.Right Side Of fence
Would you prefer me to call?