Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Are you allowed to appeal against an findings and judgement

Customer Question

Are you allowed to appeal against an findings and judgement of a district judge made in 2014.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Was an appeal lodged within 28 days if so what was the outcome? if not why has it been left so late?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It had not be logged as I not had no idear of when this must be done by and how to do it as I had not council. Due to my dyslexia I was not able to take notes and was not allowed to record the hearing and had to wait until July before a copy of the judgment was provided to me.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
I am assuming this a civil matter. If so you have to lodge an application for permission to appeal within 28 days. As you are now out of time you will have to apply for permission 'out of time' and can only appeal if you are given permission. If this was a Magistrates Court case the time limit is 21 days. The fact that you did not have a lawyer is not a ground of appeal nor is it necessarily a good reason to appeal out of time. However, the fact that you suffer from dyslexia may be if some help.