13262538

I have several questions I know that bigamy is against

hi I have several questions
I know that bigamy is against the law ,but was just wondering what is considered legal marriage and what is not.
I am married with children and don't want to divorce my wife because of that.
If i were to marry another lady in an Islamic centre or mosque without actually registering that marriage legally .
is that still considered bigamy?.
and if the marriage takes place abroad, is it still the case.
if I were to divorce my wife .how long in average doe it take to dissolve that marriage
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If you go through a religious ceremony that has no legal standing then that is not bigamy.
If you marry again in a Country where it is legal to have second or third wives then that is not bigamy.
The average divorce takes between sox and eight months
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your answer

I just need more clarification ,

is a marriage not considered legal unless it is registered in local register office ? .

kind regards

G

The specific legal requirement is
the marriage must be conducted by a person or in the presence of a person authorised to register marriages in the district
the marriage must be entered in the marriage register and signed by both parties, two witnesses, the person who conducted the ceremony and, if that person is not authorised to register marriages, the person who is registering the marriage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

You are most welcome I hope all goes well