12826847

If i didnt report a car park minor bump to the owner because

if i didnt report a car park minor bump to the owner because i didnt know who she was can i still get in trouble and if i saw her a few hours after the accident would that stop police from charging me/trying to charge me for failing to report a accident?as
in if the car owner reported it to the police before i managed to speak to her and exchange details
Yes, that is a technical failing to stop and report and as you did not report immediately.
However you will not be prosecuted as you did you exchange within a short time so there is no public interest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but im worried the police wont know about the exchange of details as the car owner already informed police before we exchanged details
Yes, that is a risk.
They may not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if they send me a summons will the case be dropped when they find out i spoke to the car owner within 24 hours or would they still push for a prosecution
It could go either way at that point.
They probably would reconsider the public interest of the prosecution but whether they would drop it or not is another matter. That would come down to the subjective view of the reviewing lawyer and there are some that are mad.