I have been missold IRHP products from the Bank The Bank has

Customer Question

I have been missold IRHP products from the Bank
The Bank has provided a redress
Main part of the redress is settled and paid
for deprivation of funds the Bank offered 8% interest and gave the option instead to claim consequential loss. A warning was given that under consequential loss option the may give a compensation less than the 8%
This option has been exercised. The bank refused to accept the consequential loss claiming that due process was followed under the umbrella of the independent reviewer. Bank avoided to give reasons despite the fact that we accept that this may produce less than the 8%
A protest was made against the redress. Bank refuses to move and cross the barrier so the consequential loss can be quantified.
Propose to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman and FCA beyond that.
In the event that no resolution is reached and need to take the matter to the courts what is the position on time bar. Two of the schemes go beyond the 6 years
What other advice can be given
Andreas Stavrinides
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Were any contacts signed as a deed please?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No contracts were signed as a deed

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is that no contracts were signed as a deed, or
No, contract WERE signed as a deed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am a little confused

The fact is that we did not sign any contracts

The only thing that has been signed is the original IRHP agreement

The bank has refunded the money but no compensated us for the consequential loss of being deprived of the money

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok Andreas. It's bad news then, for the ones over 6 years old you are out of time. This is because under the limitation act 1980 you have 6 years to bring a claim. For ones within 6 years you can bring a claim.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.