UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My girl friend wants to come to uk to live with me im british

my girl friend wants to come to uk to live with me im british 66 years old .
she can speak English but not fluent we know she needs a visa but what kind can you help
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Are you working at the moment?
Do you have income of at least £18,600 gross?
Are you able to reside in a European country for a year and work there to facilitate your partner's entry to the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for "uk lawyer" Thank you for your answer I neither work as im retired and I don't have £18,600 gross is there any other way to get round my situation yours brian ellis

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
There does not seems to be any other option apart from what I have mentioned unless you have savings of £62,500 OR are able to live and work in a European country for at least 1 year such as Ireland, then the only way to sponsor your partner to join you in the UK would be to show earnings of £18600.
Furthermore please be aware that you would need to marry your partner either in the UK within 6 months of when she arrives or in her home country before applying for her visa.
Unfortunately the Government do not want anyone sponsoring someone to come and settle in the UK unless they can show the required financial income.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.