I am sorry for the delay in replying, as there seems to have been some mix up with my email address which has delayed access to the site. But hopefully this has now been rectified.
In response to your question, no I have not complained to the Ombudsman as I am still waiting for a response to my letter of complaint.
But I would appreciate your advise as to whether I could make a claim for breach of contract and terminate my CFA without fear of having to pay the legal costs?
would you also say there is some form of misconduct in that the solicitor not only went against my instructions in pursuing the FSCS but lied about the fact that I had signed a CFA in relation to this and then threatened to terminate the 'alleged 'CFA if I did not agree to them pursuing the FSCS at a cost of 15% plus success fee of any award the FSCS might award me (even though they were aware that the FSCS does not pay costs)
The CFA I did sign, I was assured covered the insurers as well as the company , but a year later when I was applying for Judgment in default I was duly informed that the CFA did not cover the insurers and if i wanted to make a claim against them I would have to fund this myself.
Also I have evidence that not only did my solicitor not argue in my defence in response to an unacceptable offer from the Insurers but also completely ignored all correspondence from the insurers , resulting in me being accused of non compliance.