12826847

My house got raided a large amount of savings were seized,

Customer Question

My house got raided a large amount of savings were seized, court date keeps getting pending. Now I am not working and struggling with house expenses, plus struggling to find a job. Can i apply for Job seekers?
The amout the police seized is over 16000. Which i will hopefully get back soon.
How long ago was this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joe its Nearly 2 years
Ok.
Was the cash seized under poca?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes drugs were found in brothers room hes n prison serving his sentence. We have given evidence
That the money was not from illegal sources.
Ok. Was there a poca hearing and what was the outcome?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its been postponed 4 times now, the money found in my brothers room wont be returned but the rest that I have stated is mine and my parents we need to give prrof off whoch we have done but the hearing keep getting postphoned.
That is probably because they don't accept it doesn't belong to him and isn't the proceeds of crime.
To get it back you need to join the POCA matter as an interested party and satisfy the court that the money is yours and comes from a legitimate source. They will not release it otherwise.
You do need to be aware that the presumptions are generally against people who keep large cash sums. In fairness, in a society where largely we pay by cards now cash is unusual. There are people who do need large cash sums but they are generally ones in a position to prove its origin and the reason for needing cash.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that information. But now am struggling to find a job n need help. If i apply for job seekers will this course any problems
How much is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was 30 thousand all together but 18000 is mine
If it is not in your possession then probably they would not take any notice of that.
You would have to discose it when it is returned to you.
I would not conceal it from them. Just tell them it has been seized.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem. All the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please if you have time Could you please answer my other question posted about my brothers probation
I will have a look.