75100385

My partner Steve Klim and I were Licensees ten years,

My partner Steve Klim and I were Licensees for over ten years, then all of a sudden , we became 'Not fit and proper persons to hold a liquor license'
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to know whethor or not my partner and I have any chance of a trial in a higher court , to prove that in fact , that we were fit and proper persons to hold a liquor license after over ten years of being 'fit and proper persons to hold a liquor license'

Do you have any convictions? Has there been any chance of circumstances?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had no convictions , but in fact I fought off a gang that attacked a policeman , and I testified in court against the gang, so I do not understand where I all of a sudden became 'A not fit and proper person'

Have they said on what basis you are not fit and proper?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At the hearing they got an under aged drinker to testify that we had served her alcohol , 'the only one' not any others. A fight in our premises that was a strange one , we had very good door people , and in fact I also dealt with it . 'one fight in ten years' and this one , the police were quickly there to deal with it, and actually noticed broken glass on the floor, which was brought up in court, they didn't give us chance to say broken glass on the floor in a city centre pub was not unusual.

It was on that basis only?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As far as I remember , everything was so petty , even one policeman I spoke to said he'd forgotten that I'd helped a policeman in distress, The judge actually said that he felt sorry for me , at the end. So all in all I felt severely let down by law and order.

Have they given you a decision in writing yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The license was refused years ago.

How many years?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1982

Ok, if this decision was taken in 1982, what do you hope to achieve in 2015?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Somehow to reopen the case.

Sadly are out of time. You have 28 days to appeal any decision made. Given this was made in 1982 some 30+ years ago you are simply out of time. You can't reopen it as the reality is the Council only have to keep records for a reasonable period. This is accepted as being around 6 years.
Therefore sadly given the length of time there is nothing you can do.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.