75100385

I am a freelance beauty tutor/assessor and someone has sent

i am a freelance beauty tutor/assessor and someone has sent my employers a county court letter claiming they want money back which they paid for an education course, which they repeatedly did not attend. they have named myself as the main reason for not attending and claimed that i have bullied them. the time of the main incident they are talking about was a feedback session following a referred assessment for which i have written notes and a witness. i also have reported any problems along the way to my manager and also the independent internal verifier. the rest of my class have also told my manager that they are happy to write witness statements. I do not believe she will win the case as one she is lying and two the evidence is all on my side to prove this. my main worry though is that this is a very damaging mark against my name as far as my career is concerned. what can i do?
many thanks karen
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know how much is being claimed please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£535

Ok, its a small claim.If the matter goes to Court then you will have to give a witness statement. The Judge will then decide whether or not the customer is entitled to a refund.
Sadly you can't stop people complaining or indeed making a county court claim. So sadly you need to sit this out, defend the claim and provide a witness statement if necessary.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes i understand what is happening and what needs to be done however the claim is not against me personally but the beauty school. my question is that by falsely accusing me of these actions and making these claims public this could be damaging to my career so is this libel? or something like that? or at least will it be when she is proven to be lying? and if yes is there then anything i can do, as you can imagine this is very upsteing to be publicly accused of these things thanks karen

Sadly not. You cant; stop someone making a claim. If she is lying the claim will be dismissed. You can sue for libel in the High Court if you wish, but the cost of bringing a claim will be about £15,000.
I am sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks and is that my only option there is no other way i can do anything about what she is saying to my employer ? also do you think from what i have said she will have a case ?

Sadly all you can do is gibe evidence and have the Judge find for you. I dont think she has a case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou so much for your advice

karen

Good luck with this.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?