12826847

I WAS ABROAD AND THEREFORE ON RETURN LOOKED RENEWAL NOTICE.

Customer Question

I WAS ABROAD AND THEREFORE ON RETURN LOOKED FOR A RENEWAL NOTICE. NOT HAVING HAD ONE I ASSUMED I WAS INSURED. TILL A POLICE STOPPED ME.
MY CAR WAS SEIZED AND TO RELEASE AFTER INSURANCE WAS CHECKED THE SAME DAY AND HAVING PAID £150 I GOT MY CAR BACK THE SAME DAY.
IT WAS NOT UNTIL SEVEN WEEKS HENCE THAT I RECEIVED A TICKET FOR £300 FINE AND MY LICENCE TO BE SENT. i THOUGHT HAVING SHOWN MY INSURANCE THE SAME DAY WOULD HAVE SUFFICED.
I DO NOT MIND PAYING A FINE SOMEWHERE IT IS MENTIONED £100 BUT i AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE ENDORSEMENT.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Already Tried:
tried ringing the number but no reply went to Southend to see if some one can talk but not available to public Have sent an email to police in Norfolk Constabulary but to date no reply received. I have a clean licence and i am insured but a bit concerned that endorsement may have on my premium The notice is also off putting as it talks of up to £5000 fine and 6-8 points Want the best way out

Did you pay annually or monthly?