13262538

Is there a form I need to report a solicitor to the law society

Is there a form I need to report a solicitor to the law society for failing to carry out their duties correctly, I have written to them twice but they have still not rectified their mistakes.
Were they acting for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No we are managing agents the property concerned is a freehold house within an estate they did not comply with the transfer agreement in the following ways.

1. They failed to comply by not registering their client with the Residents Company.

2. They did not inform their client that there was a yearly service charge to pay.

3. Informed their clients to ignore any demands for service charge.

4. Did not respond to letters to them pointing out the requirements within the transfer agreement.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare,

Any reply as yet

Steve

My apologies for the delay.
Unfortunately you cannot effectively report them since they were not acting for you - only their client can do that.
Your only option is to take action against their client to enforce the requirements
If you feel that you must report them then the process is described here
http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Clare,

Thanks for your response. If this matter cannot be resolved through correspondence which seems unlikely then I know to recover the service charge owing I can take the person to small claims court. On the matter of ensuring that the transfer agreement is complied with do we seek an injunction to make them comply? also which court would deal with County, High etc. also what court forms would we need to use.

Steve

What is actually required to be done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is an extract from the transfer agreement:

2(2)(b) within twentyeight days of the date of every transfer grant of probate or administration transfer mortgage charge discharge order of the court or other event or document relating to land or any part thereof:-

(I) to give notice thereof in writing to the company (ii) in the case of a document to produce a certified copy of it to the company for registration with the notice.

Steve

HI
So it is simply a matter of giving notice - is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Give notice and pay a fee to the company on both parts

Steve

In that case applying for any form of enforcement will be excessive in terms of costs.
Instead write a simple letter to the freeholder pointing out that failure to file the requisite notices will lead to problems when he comes to sell the property