13262538

An order in 1998 where district judge waller ordered my ex

An order in 1998 where district judge waller ordered my ex husband to pay cgt on sale of property is it still valid in 2015 and how long will it stay valid for?

What was the reason for the delay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no reason other than i haven't yet sold the property.

When did the Order say the sale had to happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it says, and i quote, and upon the petitioner undertaking to the court to pay and indemnify the respondent as to any liability for capital gains tax or any income tax payable on accrued income, or any other tax or duties payable under english or swiss law for the period up to 31st jan 1999 or any other expenses whatsoever which arise as a result of the implementation of the terms, of this order including any costs taxes or duties in relation to the transfer of the swiss property. We bought the flat in 1987 it was awarded to me, i want to sell it in the near future and my husband has to pay the CGT up to 1999. It being 2015 does this order dated 1998 still stand.

The Order is indeed still valid and enforceable - and when the property is sold the CGT must be divided into pre 31.1.99 and post that date
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details