UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Can my fiancé who is Filipino but lives in Dubai come to uk

Customer Question

can my fiancé who is Filipino but lives in Dubai come to uk on a 6 month visa to stay with me, then when we marry during this period can I change it for a spouse visa and she can remain here without returning abroad?
derek
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Yes of course, she would need to apply for a fiancee visa, this will be issued for 6 months, then prior to the expiry of the visa your fiancee would need to have married you and submitted an application for a spouse visa.
You would need to show that you meet the financial requirements and are earning at least 18600 gross per year. You would also need to provide evidence of accommodation in the UK and also evidence of you communicating with your fiancee. You would also need to submit evidence of wedding preparations ie catering, wedding cards, hall bookings
Your fiancee would need to apply form Dubai, you can apply by using the following link:
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.