12826847

Last year my husband died without leaving a will.

Customer Question

Last year my husband died without leaving a will. He had a rental flat which I have been told I have to sell. At present I have a tenant in the property who knows that the property is on the market and knows that renting the flat is only temporary. The mortgage company CHL are hounding me about the property and are now sending people round to see the flat despite there being a tenant in it and without contacting me. The solicitors have asked me for a statement of the amount outstanding on the mortgage and a valuation which I have done. I have not missed a single mortgage payment. What can I do if anything. This is all very distressing for me. When the flat is sold there will still be a large amount of money owing on the mortgage as it is in negative equity. Maureen XXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for replying.

The property will be having a viewing on Friday evening with a view to a purchase.

I just need to know if the mortgage company can force me to sell.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please close the question.

Thank you for trying