75100385

I have loaned a family member two amounts of money totaling

I have loaned a family member two amounts of money totaling £25,000 and they have refused to pay it back. I want to apply for a CCJ and charging order to recover the money but not sure how to word it on the CCJ form and do I have to serve two separate claims, can anybody advise please?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much were the two sums each please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

the first amount was £16915 and second £8500.

both as a personal loan and only had £500 paid back to date

Thank you. You should include this as one claim but on the claim for separate out the amounts.
You just word that:
The Claimant loaned the Defendant on or about (date) the sum of £x and on (date) the sum of £x. It was a term of the loan that the Defendant would pay back (terms of loan). In breach of contact the Defendant has only paid £500 and failed to pay back (sums owed).
That is the claim, that is what you put.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok great thanks,

if I use the money claim on line system it dosen't allow me to submit for a charging order at the same time, do I have to do this separatley but to the local court to the defendant?

No. You need to issue a claim THEN get a CCJ before you can have a charging order. You can't do it at the same time, you must get Judgment first. The claim is in ONE amount, its ONE claim and ONE charging order.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok great, so in theory I can't use the claim number for the purpose of the charging order until it is granted by the court, i.e until judgement is passed?

What sort of time scale would this take before I can serve a charging order, I know all courts are different but just an idea?

thanks

Correct.
Once you get a CCJ you can apply for it the next day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, can I apply for a notice to sell at the same time as serving the interim charging order or will this have to wait until a final charging order hearing ?

and then for the judge to decide?

thanks

No.
1) get a CCJ
2) Apply for an interim
3) Get the final order
4) Then and only then get an order for sale.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If the family member files for bankruptcy before a charging order is served would I just have to wait in line with the other creditors if any, Or if I have the final order in place will the charging order be second in line to the mortgage company and then the creditors follow if there is any funds left?

If you have an interim and you register it, then and only then are you secure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to go back one step, do I have to mention in the claim particulars that I have repeatedly asked for the money and it hasn't been forthcoming or will that be asked further on by the court if they ask for evidence?

No, its just a basic claim at this point. If it is defended then you will need to file a statement saying steps taken etc.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok great thanks very much Alex that has answered everything for today.

thanks again

Ellen

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?