75100385

I have been in the process of purchasing a property. I have

I have been in the process of purchasing a property. I have received the contract and transfer but have not signed anything as I changed my mind on the whole sale. I have decided to withdraw my offer and have notified the E agent and my solicitor both via email today. Is there anything else I need to do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume contracts have NOT been exchanged yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex

I have just been provided with the contract and transfer and asked to sign, but I have not signed yet.

Ok, if contracts have not been signed EITHER party can pull out. Therefore advising the Solicitor is all you need to do. Nothing else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. That is what I thought but just wanted to check.

So finally, can I ask what exactly does exchange of contract mean? Is this when I as the buyer sign the contract and send it back to solicitor or something else? Thanks

No, exchange is when Solicitors exchange. At this point the contract is binding and you can't pull out.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. I see. So is that when the solicitors exchange with each parties signed contracts?

Yes. That is correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok good. That's great.

Thank you for your help this evening.

Happy to help!
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?